Bourbon Braised Brisket
- beef brisket, point cut 1 (5-6 pound)
- smoked paprika 1 tbsp.
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- olive oil 1 tbsp.
- ketchup 1 cup
- cider vinegar, plus more for seasoning 2/3 cup
- Lyons Bourbon Caramel Sauce ¾ cup
- mustard powder 1 tbsp.
- bourbon, plus more for seasoning 3 tbsp
- Worchestershire sauce 1 tbsp.
- potato rolls, for serving 10
- Adjust the oven racks to fit a large Dutch oven; preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Rub brisket with the paprika, 1 Tbsp salt and ½ tsp pepper. Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the brisket and sear well on all sides, about 10 minutes..
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, stir together the ketchup, vinegar, 2 tsp. salt, 3/4 cup Lyons Bourbon Caramel Sauce and 1 cup water. Pour the sauce over the brisket.
- Cover the Dutch oven; transfer to the oven and cook, undisturbed, until the meat is tender, 3 1/2 to 4 hours. Transfer the brisket to a large bowl. Skim excess fat from the sauce in the Dutch oven and bring to a boil over medium heat on the stovetop. Boil until the sauce is thickened (you should have about 2 cups sauce), about 10 minutes. Season with more vinegar, bourbon, and salt, if desired..
- Pull the meat apart into large chunks and stir into about two thirds of the sauce. Sandwich the meat on the potoato rolls. Serve with extra sauce on the side.