Curried Pumpkin and Peanut Stew
Canola oil (or other light flavored oil) 1/4 cup
Minor’s Tikka Masala Curry Conc. 2 Tbsp
Onion, large, yellow, ¼” slice pole to pole 1
Garlic, minced 1 Tbsp
Jalapeno pepper, small, seeded and diced (to taste) 1
Peanut butter (plain, roasted only with no salt) 1/2 cup
Tomato paste 1 Tbsp
Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin
Minor’s Sautéed Vegetable Base Conc.
Rustic Cut Tomatoes, Dei Fratelli or crushed tomatoes 26.46 oz
Water 5 cups
Butternut Squash, diced, ¼” 1 cup
Carrot, peeled, diced, ¼” 1 cup
Celery, diced ¼” 1 cup
Potato, diced ¼” 1 cup
Red bell pepper, diced ¼” 1 cup
Chickpea can, drained and rinsed 15.5 oz
Petit Peas, frozen 1 1/2 cups
Zucchini, diced ¼” 1 cup
Zest of 1 lemon
Lemon Juice 3 Tbsp
Salt and Pepper to taste
Freshly chopped cilantro for garnish optional
- In a large soup kettle over medium flame, sauté onions until translucent. While stirring continuously, add curry concentrate and continue to sauté until aromatic, approx. 30 sec.
- Add garlic, jalapeno, peanut butter, tomato paste and pumpkin to pot. Continue to cook for 1-2 min.
- Add base concentrate, tomatoes and water, stir to combine
- Add squash, carrot, potato, and bell peppers
- Cover pot and simmer for 1 hour or until vegetables are tenderand flavors are melding
- Add drained chick peas, peas, zucchini, and lemon zest and juice. Simmer uncovered for 10-15 min.
- Adjust seasoning with salt, pepper and acidity – preferably fresh lemon juice
- Garnish soup with chopped cilantro