Vegetable oil 2 Tbsp.
Yellow onion, diced ¼’’ 1 each
Garlic, minced 2 Tbsp.
Kale, chopped 1½ lb
Swiss chard, chopped 1½ cups
Minor‘s GreenLeaf Cilantro Pesto Gluten Free ¾ cup
Lemon juice 2 Tbsp.
Chicken stock 1½ cups
Chipotles in adobo, chopped with the sauce 1½ Tbsp.
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Eggs, whole, poached 10 each
Dill, fresh, chopped 2 Tbsp.
Cilantro, fresh, chopped 2 Tbsp.
Mint, fresh, chopped 2 Tbsp.
Feta cheese, crumbled 1 cup
- In a sauté pan, heat the oil. Cook the onion and garlic until the onion is translucent. Add the kale and Swiss chard; cook until tender and wilted.
- When the greens are wilted, stir in the cilantro pesto and lemon juice. Add the chicken stock and chipotles in adobo, and stir to combine.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add additional stock as necessary to achieve a sauce-like consistency.
- For each serving, place 6 oz shakshuka mixture in a shallow serving bowl or pan. Make a “divot” in the shakshuka mixture and add a poached egg. Alternately, crack a whole raw egg into the divot, cover, and poach in the sauce mixture until the white is set and the yolk is done to your liking.
- Garnish the shakshuka with the fresh herbs and crumbled feta.
Serve the shakshuka with naan or pita bread.