Grilled Mac and Cheese with Tomato Bisque
Grilled Mac and Cheese Ingredients
Sourdough bread, sliced 24 ea
Mayonnaise 3/4 cup
White cheddar, sliced 48 ea
Stouffer’s White Cheddar Macaroni and Cheese
Tomato Bisque Ingredients
Roma tomatoes, whole 21 ea
Olive oil 3 tbsp
Onions, yellow, sliced 3 ea
Garlic, sliced 3/4 cup
Butter, unsalted 4 1/2 tbsp
Tomato paste 3 tbsp
Chicken stock, unsalted 3 qt
Sugar, granulated 3 tbsp
Minor’s Gluten Free GreenLeaf Basil Pesto
Heavy cream 3/4 cup
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
Grilled Mac and Cheese Directions
- Spread 1 side of each slice of bread with 1/2 tablespoon mayonnaise.
- Place one slice of bread, mayonnaise side down, on work surface.
- Top with 2 slices of cheddar, 1/2 cup mac and cheese, then 2 more slices of cheddar.
- Place other piece of bread, mayonnaise side up, on top.
- Cook sandwich on medium heat griddle for 7-9 minutes until bread is golden brown, flipping halfway through.
- Serve with 1 1/2 cups tomato bisque.
Tomato Bisque Directions
- Drizzle tomatoes with olive oil. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until edges start to turn brown.
- In an 8-quart stockpot, sauté onions and garlic in butter until onions are translucent. Add tomato paste and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Transfer tomatoes to stockpot with garlic and onions.
- Add chicken stock and sugar.
- Cook over low heat for 60 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to blender and mix until smooth.
- Add basil pesto, heavy cream, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.