Rice & Lentil Mujadara, prepared 12 1/2 cups
Zhug, prepared 1 1/4 cups
Scallions, thinly bias sliced, 1/8-inch thin 1 1/4 cups
Yogurt, nonfat 1 1/4 cups
Sumac, ground 3 1/3 Tbsp
Cabbage, shredded, 1/8-inch thin 7 1/2 cups
Zucchini, thinly sliced, 1/8-inch thin 2 1/2 cups
Flour tortillas, 6 inch 50 each
- Fill each flour tortilla with 1 oz of mujadara, then roll into a log. Stick 2 toothpicks to keep together until cooking.
- On a hot flat cooking surface, place 5 rolled taquitos, toothpick side up. Press down with slight pressure to create a nice flat, crisped up surface. Once the first side is done, remove toothpicks, then repeat on the other side. Remove taquitos from pan when both sides are golden brown. Serve warm.
- For Cabbage Slaw: Combine cilantro pesto zhug, scallions, yogurt, sumac, cabbage, and zucchini together before serving. Serve cold.
- For portion: Place 5 taquitos in a row. Top with cabbage slaw.
- In a small sauté pan over medium flame, toast spices until tan in color and fragrant. Place on a sheet pan to cool.
- In a food processor, pulse spices, chiles, and salt together for 10 seconds to form a paste.
- Add pesto to spice paste and blend until incorporated, being careful not to overheat the pesto from the heat of the motor. Taste and add additional seasoning as necessary.
Garnish: finish with any additional sliced scallions, sumac.