Mac and Cheese Stuffed Squash Bowl
Acorn squash 6 ea
Olive oil 3/4 cup
Salt 1/8 tsp
Black pepper 1/8 tsp
Stouffer’s White Cheddar Macaroni and Cheese
Dried cherries 11 oz
Onions, yellow, peeled, julienne, sautéed 3 cups
Sage, minced 2 tbsp
Paprika 1 1/2 tsp
Walnuts, toasted, chopped, divided 1 qt
Kale, ribbed large, chopped 1 qt
Cornmeal, yellow 1/4 cup
Kale chips 24 ea
- Cut acorn squash in half, remove seeds, and brush each half with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle each half with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until tender.
For Each Build
- In a medium workbowl, mix together 1 cup mac and cheese, 2 tablespoons cherries, 1/4 cup onions, 1/2 teaspoon sage, 1/8 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 cup walnuts, and 1/3 cup kale.
- Mound in center of acorn squash.
- Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon cornmeal and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Garnish with 2 kale chips and 1 1/3 tablespoons additional walnuts.