Sesame Crusted Tuna
- Tuna steaks (sushi grade) 2 each
- Sesame, black seed 2-1/2 tbsp.
- Sesame, white seed 2-1/2 tbsp.
- Canola Oil 1-1/2 tbsp.
- Minor’s® Sesame Sauce RTU 4×0.5 gal. 1/2 C.
- Cut tuna into 2 inch thick, squared-off blocks, about 6 inches in length. On a plate combine the black and white sesame seeds. Roll the tuna steaks into the sesame seed blend to coat all sides.
- Preheat a pan until very hot. Add oil and sear the tuna quickly on all sides. Remove from pan.
- Thinly slice tuna and plate in a fan appearance. Drizzle with Sesame Sauce or serve as a dipping sauce in a cup.
Using a thick cast-iron skillet works best in searing the tuna.