Vegetable oil 2 Tbsp.
Shrimp, medium, peel-on 3 lb
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Yellow onion, diced ¼’’ 1 each
Garlic, minced 2 Tbsp.
Ground turmeric 1 1/2 tsp.
Red pepper flakes 1/2 tsp.
Cumin seed 2 tsp.
Saffron, bloomed in hot water 1 tsp.
White wine 1/2 cup
Sherry vinegar 2 Tbsp.
Minor‘s GreenLeaf Cilantro Pesto Gluten Free 3/4 cup
- In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, heat oil until it reaches a light smoke. Season shrimp with salt and pepper, add and cook until shrimp are fully cooked. Reserve to plate.
- In the same sauté pan, heat onion and garlic. Cook until onion is translucent.
- Add the turmeric, red pepper flakes, and cumin seed to the onion and garlic mixture and cook for about 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add saffron to the pan.
- Deglaze the onion and spice mixture with white wine. Stir in the sherry vinegar.
- Return the cooked shrimp to the mixture, and heat through. Add cilantro pesto and fold to combine.
Serve with crusty bread.